July 10, 2008

CELEBRATION on J. Owen Grundy Park pier

As I write this, the final touches, the tables of food, the security detail are all putting the final touches on the red-ribbon cutting ceremony about to take place at the rehabilitated park. I'm sure it's open to the public, just don't try to sit on the benches before it's rededicated. Before you know it, the limos and the politicians will show up. I wonder if folks from the Goldman Sachs building will be looking down to see if Gov. Jon Corzine shows up? As for me, my gold-embossed personal email invitation apparently got lost in cyberspace. C'est la vie, it goes to show you never can tell. It's a public event and if you know when the ceremony begins, you can just show up. But I figure, since I still have my day job, I might as well be there. If you need me at lunch time, I'll be inspecting the park. I'll be the squinting guy with camera. Maybe I'll see you there. 


  Copyright © 2008 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved. Photos and content may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission.

Support this web site, shop at Amazon through this link, thanks

No comments: